FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 3, 2020
Citizen Group Urges States to Audit Vote Before Certification of Electors
Launches Nationwide Fundraising Appeal to Run Targeted TV and Radio Advertisements in AZ, MI, WI, PA, GA, NV
WASHINGTON, DC, December 3, 2020 – Citing thousands of irregularites and allegations of voter fraud from this past election, a new organization named Citizens for Fair Elections unveiled a targeted campaign today that urges local legislators to hold hearings, hear the evidence, and then determine how they want to deliver electors. The campaign, which plans to include a robust television and radio advertising component, will target lawmakers in AZ, GA, WI, PA, MI, and NV.
Citizens for Fair Elections is a non-partisan, nationwide network of experts and leaders committed to fighting for electoral justice and protecting elections by researching, investigating, and exposing instances of public corruption, fraud, malfeasance, errors and incompetence. Recognizing the need ahead of this election, the founder pulled together the needed cross-section of experts. The group works to support both judicial and legislative efforts.
“If an immediate audit of the results and process does not occur, the American people are at risk of having a President take office who may or may not have won the presidency,” said Nate Cain, FBI whistleblower and spokesperson for the organization. “No matter who won the election, the American people deserve to know the truth.”
Plan of Action. At this moment, the state-by-state vote totals include millions of votes with no ballot auditability or traceability because counties failed to prove legal voters actually cast them. “In other words, there was no verification of voter legitimacy or eligibility before the vote was mixed in to the ballot counting system. We must insist on a mechanical, non-digital count and audit of the election.”
The organization’s current focus includes:
• Compliance with Federal and state Law,
• Conducting a large-scale study and verification of the voters that voted,
• Forensic auditing of data, security algorithms, equipment, communications; acquisitions, operations, and other aspects of the election as required,
• Tracking possible criminal activity and funding sources associated with potential malfeasance, manipulation, corruption, or criminal activity,
• Developing a structural analysis of how this election was conducted, including documentation of policy, law, operations, security, technology, cash flows, the involvement of various organizations, OpSec and other aspects as identified, and
• Other investigations as we identify important issues that may arise.
The Post-2020 Election Landscape. The Brennan Center for Justice estimates that during the 2016 general election, some 20% of registered Americans voted without leaving any voter-verified paper ballot or record. In its “recommendations to address vulnerabilities in U.S. election security,” the Left-Leaning Center for American Progress (CAP), run by Neera Tanden, recommended elected officials “require voter-verifiable paper ballots or records for every vote cast,” and that states “conduct robust post-election audits, which can verify that the outcomes are correct.” We agree.
“Any observer concerned with allegations of voter fraud during the 2016 general election would be mortified by what has occurred in 2020,” said Cain. “No state audits. Millions of ballots accepted as legitimate without any chain of custody or provenance, and irregularities reported in multiple states nationwide.”
2020 – How Bad Actors Took Advantage of the COVID Pandemic to Interfere with the Election
When COVID hit America, many politicians pounced. They went to work quickly to take advantage of the pandemic, using it as an excuse to jettison approved state election laws as a way to allow for more mail-in ballots. The difference between mail-in ballots and traditional absentee ballots is that absentee ballots’ provenance has already been secured. According to a bipartisan commission led by James Baker and former President Jimmy Carter, “voting by mail creates increased logistical challenges and the potential for vote fraud, especially if safeguards are lacking or when candidates or political party activists are allowed to handle mail-in or absentee ballots.” But most legislatures, in a state of COVID panic, went ahead and approved the scheme.
Steps to Ensure Integrity of 2020 Election
1. Conduct manual audits mandated by the courts – who voted and who wasn’t allowed,
2. Use forensics to establish how many ballots in the system were illegitimate,
3. Secure physical reconciliation of all voters, and
4. Conduct a cyber assessment, precinct by precinct, of whether or not the tabulations in each voting machine matches the image of the physical ballot, and if the image matches the actual physical ballot.
Steps to Ensure Integrity of Elections Going Forward
1. Move immediately back to paper ballots and mechanical tally,.
2. Election day a National Holiday in national election years